Site Reliability Engineer
Think you can handle impacting millions of people every day?
At PrimedIO, we're passionate about creating unique online experiences tailored to the individual user. We serve international players in the media industry, e-commerce and travel industry by delighting their users with unexpected and appealing content displayed in a customized dynamic user interface. Our software is used to make users happy by improving relevancy and thus improve customer retention and customer lifetime value. If that excites you, we'd love for you to join us.
PrimedIO systems are deployed at the world's largest companies to solve their greatest challenges. Users at customer sites around the world rely on PrimedIO rich feature set, high availability, and performance to pursue their missions. Site Reliability Engineers (SREs) make sure our expanding number of customer deployments and SaaS offering continue to deliver personalizations, recommendations, user behavior insights from massive scale data in real time.
SREs enable our engineers in the field to pre-empt problems before they ever threaten our customers' workflows. SREs combine engineering experience and an innate drive to improve existing systems and processes with the creativity to develop novel solutions to evolving challenges. Our team strives to automate processes wherever possible, using whichever tools are best for the job. Our responsibilities include designing cloud systems for new implementations of PrimedIO, administering installations and maintaining database platforms.
SRE's work with our software engineering teams to understand threats to our platform and improve our products' performance and security. We work side by side with PrimedIO's implementation teams and our customers' IT departments to understand their business' unique problems and to develop innovative solutions. We document our successes and communicate them back to PrimedIO's product teams to advance the way our solutions minimize failure rates and increase overall system reliability.
Our SRE team is drawn from some of the best in the industry, and we've created a collaborative environment with a focus on mentorship and developing our skills in new technologies.
* Experience with Docker and orchestrations tools
* Good scripting ability with Bash and Python
* Experience with monitoring systems using tools like Prometheus and writing health checks
* Moderate experience with TCP/IP networking
* Practical experience managing databases or search engines, such as Postgres, Neo4J, MySQL, Oracle, Cassandra or ElasticSearch
* Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
* Ability to participate in a 24/7 on-call rotation
* Unwavering commitment to operational security and best practices
* Experience with Kubernetes or AWS ECS
* BSc/MS in Computer Science
* Experience with system management tools like Helm or ksonnet
* Knowledge of server hardware and/or experience working with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Shoot us an email in which you tell us about your favorite project or proudest accomplishment and why you want to work at PrimedIO. Don’t forget to include your resume.